Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Waiting, Waiting, Waiting

O.M.G. I just wrote an incredibly long blog about everything that's been going on...and it's gone!!!!! Going.to.scream.

So, now it'll be much shorter. So, on Feb 13, I went to A&M for Prospective Grad Student Day. I met with 2 professors that I am very interested in working with and the meetings were great. I really want to do my Master's in a combination of two program areas, which is why A&M is one of the best places for me to go. I want to concentrate in International Ag Development and Extension. I'll post another blog about what I would like to do (or what I think I would like to do) sometime soon, hopefully. Thanks to everyone who helped review my Statement of Purpose - your suggestions were invaluable! The day went wonderfully - if you want to know the details, e-mail me :)

I took the GRE again for hopefully the LAST time on Feb 18 - my score went up 130 points in just over 3 weeks, so I feel certain that if I had been able to do the full-length study course (12 weeks) that it would have been very close to that 1300 they guaranteed. My application deadline is March 1 for A&M, and I am now only waiting on one letter of recommendation to be submitted and then they have everything. I am very very very anxious about finding something out - I am trying not to feel too confident after the day on-campus, so I am just hoping it all goes well...and that I can finally say "Gig 'Em" and "Howdy" and "WHOOP!" as an Aggie....b/c I refuse to say any of those and be a "wannabe"...even though Caleb tells me that it's ok to go ahead and start saying them :) Keep your fingers crossed for me!!!

My cat, Midgie, was diagnosed with diabetes on Saturday. Long story short - cats with the highest liklihood to become diabetic are those that are over weight. I had never been told to put my cat on a diet...ever! But, apparently, he used to be overweight. Not any more. He has now lost 4 pounds. It's very sad, and the best option for him and me (both emotionally and financially) is to just change his diet to a low-carb diet. He now eats twice a day, 1/3 cup at each feeding. If you have cats, please pay attention to their weight so that they don't have a higher risk of getting this disease, it's so incredibly sad.

Ok, that's the gist of what i had written before. Oh, all of the puppies are gone and that part of life is starting to get back to normal...the garage still smells of puppies, but hopefully time....and a lot of bleach....will get rid of the stink! LOL :)

Reading time then bed time. Mary got me hooked on the Twilight books, so it's time to start the 3rd in the series. Hope all is well!

*Hugs*

1 comment: